Thanks to everyone who turned out last night, for another very successful workshop from Alan Bissett.
Alan introduced us to seven crucial steps of character creation:
1. What do characters say about themselves?
2. What do characters do that might confirm or contradict that?
3. What do other characters say about them?
4. What does your character want?
5. Even the minor characters must think that they are the star.
6. How people see the character is relative to how they actually are (surface/depth contrast).
7. How does the character change over time (present/past contrast)?